It will help to deliver Quality product cost effectively on time so as to improve Customer Satisfaction which brings success to any business.
In this post I will list some of the steps based on my understanding.
- Read the Requirements completely and repeatedly till understanding it clearly without any ambiguity.
- Highlight or make note of key requirements in the requirement document. And, highlight the points that are difficult to understand .
- Don't hesitate to approach the customer/client if you need any clarification in the requirement and also don't hesitate to inform if any of the requirements is unrealistic.
- Testing Team also should participate in the requirement analysis before starting any development activity.
- Start working on coding part only after getting clear understanding of the overall Design of the system
- Enforce Review and Walk Through Activities.
- Try to setup Development Environment similar to production environment.
- Do unit testing immediately after developing each small functionality.
- Give updates of the progress to the client/customer frequently. If you are facing any difficulty/issue remember to specify in the updates.
- Make list of things that will vary from Development Environment and Production environment
- Prepare a user guide document and deliver it along with code.
- Do regression testing even when changing very small part of the code