And, FCC has asked more details about this issue from AT&T and Goolge.
Find below the content of letter sent to Apple.
- Why did Apple reject the Google Voice application for iPhone and
remove related third-party applications from its App Store? In addition to
Google Voice, which related third-party applications were removed or
have been rejected? Please provide the specific name of each application
and the contact information for the developer.
- Did Apple act alone, or in consultation with AT&T, in deciding to reject
the Google Voice application and related applications? If the latter, please
describe the communications between Apple and AT&T in connection
with the decision to reject Google Voice. Are there any contractual
conditions or non-contractual understandings with AT&T that affected
Apple’s decision in this matter?
- Does AT&T have any role in the approval of iPhone applications
generally (or in certain cases)? If so, under what circumstances, and what
role does it play? What roles are specified in the contractual provisions
between Apple and AT&T (or any non-contractual understandings)
regarding the consideration of particular iPhone applications?
- Please explain any differences between the Google Voice iPhone
application and any Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications that
Apple has approved for the iPhone. Are any of the approved VoIP
applications allowed to operate on AT&T’s 3G network?
- What other applications have been rejected for use on the iPhone and for
what reasons? Is there a list of prohibited applications or of categories of
applications that is provided to potential vendors/developers? If so, is this
posted on the iTunes website or otherwise disclosed to consumers?
- What are the standards for considering and approving iPhone
applications? What is the approval process for such applications (timing,
reasons for rejection, appeal process, etc.)? What is the percentage of
applications that are rejected? What are the major reasons for rejecting an
- Dr. Eric Schmidt Resigns from Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple rejects Google Voice app for iPhone, FCC steps in to investigate
- FCC asks Apple, AT&T why Google voice rejection