Indian President Pratibha Patil, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and other leaders offered floral tributes at Mahathma Gandhi's memorial "Raj Ghat".
In US, Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia Robert Blake mentioned that Gandhi and Martin Luther King are heroes of US president Obama.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, better known as 'Bapu', or Gandhiji, was born on the October 2 1869, in Porbander, Gujarat, India.
Gandhiji was a preacher of truth (Satyagraha) and 'ahimsa' (non-violence). He started the 'Satyagraha' movement for the Indian freedom struggle. He believed in living a simple life and in 'Swadeshi' (encouraging domestic production and boycott of foreign, esp. British goods)
He proved to the world that freedom can be achieved through the path of non-violence - a true symbol of peace and truth!
The United Nations had declared in 2007 that October 2 would be observed as "International Day of Non-Violence".
Find below some of his Quotes.
- What is faith worth if it is not translated into action?
- You assist an administration most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil administration never deserves such allegiance.
- Ahimsa is the highest ideal. It is meant for the brave, never for the cowardly.
- Ahimsa is the eradication of the desire to injure or to kill.
- Ahimsa is an attribute of the brave. Cowardice and ahimsa don't go together any more that water and fire.
- True ahimsa should mean a complete freedom from ill-will and anger and hate and an overflowing love for all.
- The removal of untouchability is one of the highest expressions of ahimsa.
- The strength to kill is not essential for self-defence; one ought to have the strength to die.
- Khadi has been conceived as the foundation and the image of ahimsa. A real khadi-wearer will not utter an untruth. A real khadi-wearer will harbour no violence, no deceit, no impurity.
- No power on earth can subjugate you when you are armed with the sword of ahimsa. It ennobles both the victor and the vanquished.
- The votary of ahimsa has only one fear, that is, of God.
- The hardest heart and the grossest ignorance must disappear before the rising sun of suffering without anger and without malice.
- The power of unarmed nonviolence is any day far superior to that of armed force.
- I know nothing of the science of astrology and I consider it to be a science, if it is a science, of doubtful value, to be severely left alone by those who have any faith in Providence.
- God is conscience. He is even the atheism of the atheist.
Mahatma Gandhi was very particular about his schedule. He was very punctual. It is true that all great men are very particular about schedule and keeping their timings. I think it will be true for the business also. It is very important to keep track of Employee work hours and project hours.
So, if you are doing any kind of business you can use our timesheet to improve the productivity without spending much.
We can see more Quotes from Gandhi here.
Scientist Albert Einstein has told below things about Gandhi.
Last Year (2009) Google displayed below Doodle (Holiday Logo) for celebrating the 140th birthday of Gandhi.
You can bookmark this blog for further reading, or you can subscribe to our blog feed.