Past few days I used to see below error message whenever I try to open any image file using windows picture manager. But it was working properly previously. I haven't done any change recently.
Picture Manager has not been installed for current User. Please run setup to install application
Similar error was displayed for Microsoft PowerPoint also while other office applications (eg. ms word)were properly.
I did some Google Search about this issue and I tried various ways specified in different websites. But nothing solved the issue.
Even I tried Microsoft Office Repair option and tried completely uninstalling the office (but it was NOT successful) and reinstall it.
But nothing helped to solved the issue.
Finally I found this workaround in one website and it solved this issue.
- Create new user account with Admin rights.
- Log in as the new account.
- Open and close all Office applications.
- Open RegEdit.
- Highlight "Office" in the HKEY_CURRENT_USR ->Software->Microsoft in the registry
- Choose "Export" option to save the Office related registry entries in the hard disk.
- Now login as usual account.
- Export the saved registry entry file from the RegEdit.
Now everything should work fine.
You can subscribe to our Email posts, and you can bookmark this blog for further reading, or you can subscribe to our blog feed.