If you don't know anything about web development, you can start by reading w3schools.com. It is having simple and effective tutorials for learning basics of most of the web development related stuff.
Before start learning web development you should know how actually webserver is working.
Beginning Web Development- This article will give overview for website development.
Introduction to PHP - A Popular Programming Language- This article will give introduction to PHP.
php.net will help to know more about php and functions used in php.
This article will help you to set up php & mysql with apache server.
Lot of reliable PHP Frameworks are available to reduce the development time. The below article will list some of the PHP frameworks such as Zend Framework and Symfony.
22 Open Source PHP Frameworks To Shorten Your Development Time
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) provide a strict separation between layout/design of the page, and the information presented on the page. Thus the design of pages can be easily changed, just by replacing a css-file with another one.
Below articles will explain the effective use of CSS in websites.
- 53 CSS-Techniques You Couldn’t Live Without
- Powerful CSS-Techniques For Effective Coding
- 10 Quick Tips for an Easier CSS Life
- 10 Challenging But Awesome CSS Techniques
- The Mystery Of CSS Sprites: Techniques, Tools And Tutorials
It is important to understand Session and Cookies to implement user authentication system effectively.
Content Management System (CMS) is an application used for enabling the users to publish, edit and delete articles/news easily without having any knowledge in PHP/HTML/CSS.
Find below some popular articles related to CMS.
- 20 Promising Open Source PHP Content Management Systems(CMS) - This article will list few open source Content Management Systems such as Wordpress and Joomla.
- The Ultimate Joomla Toolbox: Themes, Extensions and Resources
You can read our previous post about ajax to get introduction for ajax.
Build Better Pages With Firebug
As both Internet Explorer and FireFox are used by most of the users, it is necessary that the websites should show correctly in these two browsers. The below article will help to achieve it.
Those Cross-Browser Blues: How To Develop Web Sites For Both Internet Explorer And Firefox
If you are looking for the perfect icon for your web site, blog, web app or application, you will find them at below webpage.
50 of the Best Ever Web Development, Design and Application Icon Sets
Refer our previous article to know about Web Development Best Practices.
Once after completing website development, we need to do some adhoc testing to make sure it is working fine.
Useful Glossaries For Web Designers and Developers - This article lists links for the webpages showing Glossaries for web development.
As iPhones are becoming more popular, it is necessary to consider iPhones while developing websites. Read below article for knowing tools available for iPhone.
iPhone: A web developer's new best friend
The below article will help to complete the website development quickly.
10 Ways to Cut Down Web Development Time
I have collected some most useful article links which are selected based on voting system (e.g having 1000+ Diggs). And I am planning to highlight top 5 links in separate post after few months based on users review comments. I will be updating this list frequently. So you can recommend any new useful web-development related article link for getting added into this list.
Find below the collection of popular articles. Most of these articles are having some number in their title. These numbers may not be having any significance, but these articles got good number of votes/diggs from users.
- 60+ Practical Cheat Sheets For Web Developers
- 50 Extremely Useful PHP Tools
- 20 Useful PHP + jQuery Components & Tuts for Everyday Project
- 10 Rare HTML Tags You Really Should Know
- 25 Most Useful Blogs for Web Design & Development
- 10 Popular Web Designer Tools for Firefox
- MySql CheatSheet
- MySQL Connection Management in PHP - How (Not) To Do Things
- 30 Websites to follow if you’re into Web Development
- 20 Websites That Made Me A Better Web Developer
- 100 Essential Resources for Web Developers
- How to Develop Web Applications with Ajax, Pt. 1
- Mastering Ajax, Part 1: Introduction to Ajax
- 20 Excellent AJAX Effects You Should Know
- 15 Key Elements All Top Web Sites Should Have
- Why PHP won
- 100+ Resources for Web Developers
- Web development timeline
- 8 Web Design Mistakes That Developers Make
- Ultimate Web Development Cheat Sheet Guide
- 10 projects every php developer should use
- 10 Ways to Save Time While Building a Website
- Programming Tutorials
- Simple Optimization for PHP and MySQL
- Tutorials Round-Up: Ajax, CSS, PHP and More
- 10 things businesses should know before building a website
- 19 Things NOT To Do When Building a Website
- The web designers' guide to cloud hosting
- PHP Tutorial
- 7 Free & Powerful File Managers using Ajax/PHP/JS
- Adobe Dreamweaver Tutorials
- Useful Cheat Sheets for Web Designers
- The Ultimate Drupal Toolbox: 150+ Themes, Modules & Resources
- Ways to improve user experience in any website
- Ad Management Plug-Ins And Tutorials For Your Website
- Improve your website speed and performance - Tips from Google webmasters
- PHP Security: Fortifying Your Website- Power Tips, Tools & How to’s
- 35 Amazing Paper Made Website Designs
- 10 Syntax Highlighters to enhance your Code Presentation
- 10 Useful CSS/JS-Coding Solutions For Web-Developers
You can follow us or subscribe to our RSS feed to know more updates.