Currently Google knol is providing separate RSS feed for each knol and for each Author. It won't be much useful. Because we need to subscribe to multiple feeds to know latest happenings in knol.
So, I decided to combine these separate RSS feeds into one single Feed.
I came to know about Yahoo Pipes when trying to combine these multiple RSS feed into single one.
Pipes is a powerful composition tool to aggregate, manipulate, and mashup content from around the web.
Combining multiple Feeds using Yahoo Pipes is very simple.
1. Go to http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/
2. Click on "Create Pipe" link.
3. Below webpage will appear.
4. Drag the "Fetch Feed" from left side menu bar to the central place. The below screen will appear.
5. Enter URL of multiple feeds one by one by clicking "+" icon in the "Fetch Feed" box.
6. Once after entering the all feed urls, connect the circle in the "Fetch Feed" to the circle in in "Pipe Output" box.
7. Click "Save" and then enter Pipe name.
8. Click "Run Pipe" to get the combined Feed.
You can refer our knol for seeing the sample combined feed. But still I am looking into resolving some issues such as ordering the feed items based on activity datatime instead of ordering it based on author.