This Article is a Guest Post.
Social media is the all-encompassing world of anything fast, communicative and current. With so many social media platforms like Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest it’s hard to know what is to ‘like’ and what earns you an ‘unfollow’. To keep your social media buzzing, have a bio that speaks for you when you can’t and that gets your message out there. Here are some tips to keep your social media bio interesting and doing it’s job, bringing you more friends and views:
1. Skip the nOt So Gr8t StUfF: You are not a teenage girl who collects Justin Beiber posters or your exes overly kindergarten teacher-y new girlfriend. Whatever you do, do not write in a strange font or mess with the caps lock button. A huge turn off. Leave your numbers out of your words and spell them correctly with the appropriate vowels and consonants.
2. Unique: Be different and mix it up! Stand out from the other billion users online. Have a weird hobby? Like a strange quote from a strange celebrity? A weird nick name? Anything, something, just be unique in your bio. Make it interesting.
3. Short and simple: No one cares about your life story in your bio. They want to know who, what, where, when, how and why. Keep it short and simple. You are lucky that Twitter only gives you a certain amount of characters but as for the other social media platforms you have free range, type wisely.
4. Actions speak louder than words: If your profile bio states that you are a lover of all things potatoes and cute kittens. You better believe you better have some sort of post of cute kittens and potatoes. Your bio tells your viewers what you are all about; it’s the first impression and introduction. With that said if your bio states you like to go skydiving, we know you won’t be able to do that daily, so keep in mind you need to live up to your bio.
5. Too many links: People find it their time to post every link possible in their bio. Huge turn off to viewers. Too many links in your bio can make you look like a spammer or someone who will just later send me junk email. Keep it clean and stick to one link if possible.
Your bio is your first word to your viewer, how and what you say can gain you a follower or lose a fan. So choose your words wisely but have fun with it!
Kelsey is the editor in chief for findananny. She loves to write article and ideas that parents & nannies would be interested in hearing. She helps society on giving information about nannies through nanny needed. She is a professional writer & loves writing on anything.
You can subscribe to our Email posts, and you can bookmark this blog for further reading, or you can subscribe to our blog feed.