Recently Google has penalized American department store giant JCPenny which used PaidLink , a BlackHat approach for ranking better in Search results.
JCPenny is saying that BlackHat SEO was done by its SEO managing firm. Anyway, now JCPenny only is facing difficulty as Google has reduced the Search rank for the JCPenny website.
So, this incident gives some suggestions/warnings for the people who outsource their SEO activities to external SEO firms.
If you are outsourcing your SEO work, you need to ask below questions to your SEO firm to make sure that they are following only white hat approaches.
- Can you show me examples of past work?
- What linking strategies would you use to increase link popularity for our website?
- Do you buy links that pass PageRank?
- What’s the most aggressive tactic you use?
- Anything violate Google’s guidelines?
- are we doing what could be considered black hat?
You can bookmark this blog for further reading, or you can subscribe to our blog feed.