In my previous post I have explained the importance of doing Link Exchange to boost Search Rank our web pages in Search Engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Submitting our web pages to Social bookmarking/networking sites will also give some SEO advantage. And, it will help for quick indexing of our web pages by Search Engines. It is very important if you are publishing any article about any latest news.
And, our web pages will be getting more visibility from the members of the Social networking sites. It will be promoted very quickly to get lot of traffic if the Social networking site members like your article.
There are lot of Social Bookmarking Site available.
Find below some of them. This list was updated on May 06 2014. Contact email@example.com if you find any error in this list, and you can send your suggestions to improve this list further.
- slashdot.org - Slashdot is a technology-related news website owned byGeeknet, Inc. The site, which bills itself as "News for Nerds. Stuff that Matters", features user-submitted and -evaluated current affairs news stories about science- and technology-related topics. Your submission will reach front page after manual review only if you are submitting latest technology news with summary information and with appropriate sources.
- flickr.com- Flickr is an image hosting and video hosting website, web services suite, and online community created by Ludicorp and later acquired by Yahoo.
- digg.com- Digg is a social news website. Prior to Digg v4, its cornerstone function consisted of letting people vote stories up or down, called digging and burying, respectively. Digg's former popularity prompted the creation of other social networking sites with story submission and voting systems. Digg popularity is going down now. Anyway still worth spending time with this site.
- technorati.com- Technorati is an Internet search engine for searching blogs. By June 2008, Technorati was indexing 112.8 million blogs and over 250 million pieces of tagged social media.
- http://del.icio.us- Delicious (formerly del.icio.us, pronounced "delicious") is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. The site was founded by Joshua Schachter in 2003 and acquired by Yahoo! in 2005. By the end of 2008, the service claimed more than 5.3 million users and 180 million unique bookmarked URLs.
- http://www.diigo.com/- Diigo is a social bookmarking website which allows signed-up users to bookmark and tag web-pages. It allows users to highlight any part of a webpage and attach sticky notes to specific highlights or to a whole page. These annotations can be kept private, shared with a group within Diigo or a special link forwarded to someone else. The name "Diigo" is an abbreviation for "Digest of Internet Information, Groups and Other stuff"
- http://bookmarks.yahoo.com/- Yahoo! Bookmarks is an online service that lets you save links to your favorite web pages with your Yahoo! account so that you can access them from any computer connected to the Internet anywhere in the world. If you’ve bookmarked pages using your browser’s feature, you can import those links into your Yahoo! Bookmarks, and have all of your favorite pages at your fingertips.
- twitter.com Twitter is a website, owned and operated by Twitter Inc., which offers a social networking and microblogging service, enabling its users to send and read messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the user's profile page. Tweets are publicly visible by default, however senders can restrict message delivery to their followers. Users may subscribe to other users' tweets—this is known as following and subscribers are known as followers. You may use third-party apps. for effectively using Twitter.
- reddit.com-Reddit is a social news website, owned by Condé Nast Digital, a subsidiary of Advance Magazine Publishers Inc. Users (also referred to as redditors) have the option to submit links to content on the Internet or submit "self" posts that contain original, user-submitted text.Other users may then vote the posted links "up" or "down" with the most successful links gaining prominence by reaching the front page. In addition, users can comment on the posted links and reply to other commentators consequently forming an online community. Reddit users may create their own topical sections, known informally as subreddits and officially as communities, for which to submit their links and to comment.
- box.net- Box.net is a cloud-based content management solution for individuals and companies ranging from small businesses to large corporations. The company has adopted a freemium business model, and provides 5GB of free storage for personal accounts. A mobile version of the service is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Box.net's competitors include Dropbox, Sharepoint, Sugarsync, and Documentum.
- blogcatalog.com- Blogcatalog.com is the ultimate source for all things blog. The site is mostly can be for people who want to start a blogging community,people who like to read blogs, or for promoting blogs. It seems we need to verify our blog by adding verification code provided by this site.
- fark.com-Fark is a community website created by Drew Curtis that allows members to comment on a daily batch of news articles and other items from various websites. As of June 2009, the site boasts approximately four million unique visitors per month, which puts it among the top 100 English language websites. The site receives approximately 2,000 story submissions per day and approximately 50 of them are publicly displayed on the site.
- 43things.com-43 Things is a social networking website that is built on the principles of tagging, rather than creating explicit interpersonal links (as seen in Friendster and Orkut). Users create accounts and then list a number of goals or hopes; these goals are parsed by a lexer and connected to other people's goals that are constructed with similar words or ideas. This concept is also known as folksonomy.
- 9rules.com- 9rules is a blog network that serves as an online community of blogs and bloggers. In 2006 it took the award for Best Community Site of the Year at SXSWi in Austin, Texas.
- linuxquestions.org- LinuxQuestions.org (commonly abbreviated LQ) is a community-driven, self-help web site for Linux users. As of April 2009, it has over 400,000 registered members. Started in 2000 by Jeremy Garcia, LQ is one of the most popular free software community sites and is usually reputed for helpfulness.
- stumbleupon.com - StumbleUpon is a discovery engine (a form of web search engine) that finds and recommends web content to its users. Its features allow users to discover and rate Web pages, photos, and videos that are personalized to their tastes and interests using peer-sourcing and social-networking principles.
- myspace.com-MySpace is a social networking website. Its headquarters are in Beverly Hills, California where it shares an office building with its immediate owner, News Corp. Digital Media, owned by News Corporation. Myspace became the most popular social networking site in the United States in June 2006. According to comScore, Myspace was overtaken internationally by its main competitor, Facebook, in April 2008, based on monthly unique visitors.
- folkd.com - folkd.com (short for Folksonomy and pronounced like "smoked") is a social bookmarking and social news website that has been founded in 2006 by Bastian Karweg out of Germany. The website has grown into one of biggest services of its kind and currently lists over 8 million public bookmarks by more than 500.000 users (as of May 2010). Folkd is available in 4 languages and also has a strong user base in India. The site devotes itself to "enrich your websurfing experience" and also offers an IE and Firefox AddOn to collect, save and share bookmarks while surfing.
- google.com/bookmarks/- Google Bookmarks is a free online bookmark storage service, available to Google Account holders. It allows one to bookmark favorite websites and add labels or tags, and also notes.
Users can access their bookmarks from any computer by signing in to their Gmail account. The bookmarks are searchable, and searches are performed on the full text of the bookmarked pages, not just the labels and notes.
- qualitypointtech.net- Book Mark your favorite links easily using Bookmarklet provided by QualityPoint Technologies.
- facebook.com-Facebook is a social network service and website launched in February 2004 that is operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc. As of January 2011, Facebook has more than 600 million active users.Users may create a personal profile, add other users as friends and exchange messages, including automatic notifications when they update their profile. Additionally, users may join common interest user groups,organized by workplace, school, or college, or other characteristics. The name of the service stems from the colloquial name for the book given to students at the start of the academic year by university administrations in the US with the intention of helping students to get to know each other better. Facebook allows anyone who declares themselves to be at least 13 years old to become a registered user of the website.Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow computer science students Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.
- bookmark-manager.com - Due to spam now private bookmarking only allowed
- yammer.com - Yammer is an enterprise social network service that was launched in September 2008. Access to a Yammer network is determined by a user's Internet domain, so only those with appropriate email addresses may join their respective networks. According to TechCrunch in September 2010, the service is being used by more than one million users and 80,000 companies worldwide, including 80% of the Fortune 500.
- myhq.com/- Easily manage your bookmarks in a banner ad FREE environment. Import/Export, create public pages (password protected if you wish), share bookmarks. All for FREE.
- bizsugar.com- Share Small Business News and Tips
- bordom.net- Bordom is a collaboratively edited blog of funny memes, strange news, and other fascinating things found on the Internet.
- care2.com- online community of people making a difference in healthy and green living, human rights and animal welfare
- bibsonomy.org -A blue social bookmark and publication sharing system.
You can see the up-to-date list of Social networking Sites in our Forum.
Let me know if you find any broken link or if you want to add any new Social Networking site in this list.
You can see the list of social networking sites with simple explanation about them at this link.
Wikipedia is also providing the list of Social networking sites with some statistic about them.
And, you can see around 700 social networking sites here. I am not sure whether all the sites are active now. If you find any inactive site in the list you can report it thro' the comment section.
This page lists the 97 social bookmarking sites along with their page rank.
You can vote for your favorite Social networking site below. And, use the comment section to specify why you like the specific Social networking site.
Added below list on May 06 2014:
- imgur.comShare and Discover images
- meetme.com-Where new friends meet
- meetup.com-Neighbors getting together to learn something, do something, share something…
- tagged.com-This social network is for making new friends and having fun
- flipboard.com-Discover,collect and share news and also connected with people
- piccsy.com-Discover images you love
- viralcontentbuzz.com-You have to earn credits by sharing others content in social media sites.With the credits earned you can share your contents.
- flipora.com-Share your links
- postimg.org-Sharing images
- photobucket.com-Photos and Video sharing site
You can bookmark this blog for further reading, or you can subscribe to our blog feed.